Since 1991, Rick has represented clients in the areas of Taxation, Probate and Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Litigation, Business Planning, and Business Litigation. He has represented clients in numerous contested matters in front of the Tax Court, and in the Civil and Probate Courts of Marin County and the surrounding Bay Area Counties. He has also represented hundreds of clients including individuals, businesses, trusts and estates with the Internal Revenue Service. Rick has substantial experience in contested estate, trust and probate matters.
Rick represents both individuals and businesses. Rick’s extensive tax background allows him to provide a multitude of services for his clients. This allows him to provide services that often require a client to obtain both an attorney and a tax preparer. He has obtained a rating of “AV” in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. Rick was named as a Northern California “Super Lawyer”, for the years 2008, and 2011-2013, and 2020 which is a designation awarded to the top 5% of attorneys in Northern California.
A native of Marin County, Rick grew up in the Sleepy Hollow area of San Anselmo and attended St. Rita’s grammar school and Sir Francis Drake High School.
- California State Courts
- S. Tax Court
- Washington State Board Of Accountancy – CPA Certificate, Retired
- Certified Specialist – Taxation Law (State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization)
- State Bar of California,Taxation Section, Former Chair of Estate and Gift Tax Committee, Estate Planning Section
- Marin County Bar Association, Former Board Member
- Drake High School Scholarship Foundation, Board Member and former President