Michael has been representing individuals, businesses, and other organizations in business and corporate transactional and litigation matters. He counsels clients in entity formation, and governance issues, including initial capitalizations, acquisitions, and asset purchases.
Additionally, Michael has served as outside general counsel to businesses and non-profits in a broad spectrum of industries and service sectors. Michael practices and manages litigation, including investor disputes, contract disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair business practices, and other disputes, including complex litigation matters.
Michael also represents clients in complex real estate financing and commercial real estate transactions. He has successfully handled related litigation involving financing disputes, loan workouts, and lender liability issues.
Michael serves as the Chancellor and chief legal officer of the Diocese of San Joaquin in The Episcopal Church advising the Bishop and various Diocesan governing bodies and institutions on secular legal issues, Church canons and ecclesiastical proceedings.
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Courts: Northern District of California
- U.S. Courts of Appeals: Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- California State Bar Association
- Marin County Bar Association
- Episcopal Chancellors’ Network, Member
- Conservation Corps North Bay, Chair of Board Directors
- St. Dorothy’s Rest Association Retreat & Conf. Center, Former Board Member
- Marin Swim League, Former Board Member