Gary has practiced law in Marin County since 1969.
He has been involved in the representation of civil litigants as well as public agencies for over four decades. At one time Gary represented 4 of the 11 cities in Marin as well as several other public entity clients.
His private clients have largely involved real estate, land use and business entities disputes but his experience widely ranges from trial of a death penalty case to two appearances in cases before the United States Supreme Court.
Gary currently maintains a very active mediation and arbitration practice as well as consults on land use, municipal, environmental, and real estate matters.
Gary has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell and has been consistently named to the Best Lawyers in America and to Northern California Super lawyers.
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court (Northern District)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (9th Circuit)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Director/Past President Marin County Bar Association
- Former Member Board of Directors, Hospice of Marin
- California State Bar Association
- President San Rafael Public Library Foundation Board of Directors
- Vice President Marin County History Museum
- Panel Member with ADR Provider Resolution Remedies
- Selected as recipient of Lifetime Achievement Award by Marin County Bar Association – 2020