Dave Feingold has been handling real estate and construction matters, and related litigation, since 1986. He is also a recognized expert in common interest development law, and represents community associations, both as general and litigation counsel, throughout the Bay Area. He also publishes and speaks extensively at legal seminars state wide on the subject of common interest developments and standard of care issues.
He has significant transactional and litigation experience with construction projects, and complex multi-party construction defect litigation. He has worked with owners and Associations on hundreds of residential projects, ranging from ground up construction to complex, high value renovation projects.
Although he is an experienced trial attorney, he uses modern dispute resolution techniques to avoid costly litigation whenever possible. He is also an active and sought-after mediator, who is known for his attention to detail and tenacity in working with counsel and their clients to resolve conflict. He finds that his experience as a Reserve Police Officer with the City of San Rafael has been most useful in his mediation practice.
Dave has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubble, is a former President of Marin County Bar Association, a former reserve police officer, and has consistently been named as a Northern California “Super Lawyer,” which is a designation awarded to the top 5% of attorneys in Northern California.
When not busy serving his community or representing his clients, Mr. Feingold enjoys road biking, paddle boarding and spending time with his family.
- California State Courts
- U.S. Courts of Appeals: Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts: Northern District of California
- Northern California Super Lawyer (2005-2020)
- Director and Past President (2003) Marin County Bar Association
- Reserve Police Office, City of San Rafael
- California Association of Community Managers (Past Member, Legal Steering Committee)
- CACM Vision Award for Excellence in Education (2001)
- Community Association Institute
- Executive Counsel of Homeowners
- Former Director, Marin School of the Arts
- Former Director, Twin Cities Little League