Timothy D.F. Barteau
Tel: 415.453.9433 ext. 120
A career litigator, Tim has over a decade of experience before State and Federal Courts, litigating civil and trust and estate matters. Tim now focuses on the complex field of probate law, and primarily on estate planning and trust, estate and conservatorship litigation and administration. Tim represents clients in a range of capacities, including as trustees, beneficiaries, executors, creditors, heirs, conservators and conservatees.
Tim was admitted to practice in California in 2004. His early career was spent litigating complex civil matters, many of which involved potential verdicts in the millions of dollars. Tim went on to specialize in estate planning and trust and estate administration and litigation, an area in which he now focuses his practice. Tim is comfortable handling all stages of litigation, including discovery, mediation, law and motion and trials. Moreover, Tim has extensive estate planning, drafting and administration experience, which he is able to bring to bear to provide his clients with comprehensive and effective representation.
Tim is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law (State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization).
- Golden Gate University School of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 2013, Certificate in Estate Planning, 2014)
- Indiana University – Maurer School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- University of California, Santa Cruz (B.A. Politics, 1999)
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court – Northern and Central District of California
- Trusts and Estates and Litigation Sections of the State Bar of California
- Estate Planning, Probate & Trust and Litigation Sections of the San Francisco Bar Association
- Probate and Estate Planning Section of the Marin County Bar Association, Co-Chair